The External Quality Control, mandatory by the RDC 302:2005 of ANVISA, is a fundamental element for the quality assurance of the modern clinical laboratory. Ensuring the result comparability with other laboratories which enables to evaluate their performance in a long term. By means of a program provided by PNCQ, the clinical laboratory can:
- Get information about the analytical performance level of its own laboratory, in relation to all the other laboratories which participate in PNCQ;
- Detect some nonconformity in its processes, enabling the implantation of corrective or preventive actions, this way reaching an analytical performance necessary for the evaluation of the health condition of its clients;
- Compare its results with the ones of other laboratories which use the same methodology or another different one;
- Study the influence of the methods, patterns and gauges used;
- Complement the use of the internal quality control that every modern laboratory must have in operation;
- The clinical laboratories with an internal quality control and which participate in an external evaluation system can continuously improve the quality of their services and, consequently, help in the diagnosis and treatment of the patients’ diseases.